This is my back to school (aka back to work) mall haul. As the title indicates, I love clothes, shoes, accessories and cosmetics, but I hate, hate, hate going to the mall. That’s my confession for today. It’s always too crowded no matter how wide the hallways, someone is always walking slowly (and preferably in a zigzag pattern) in front of me, and it’s a great place to catch a whiff of the scent of humanity.
With that in mind, I try to shop online whenever possible, or at the local outdoor mall, so that I don’t feel trapped. Unfortunately, that mall does not have an H&M, and I was looking for a specific item from there. I survived, and I made out pretty well. I had a budget of $120 for new pieces to refresh my work wardrobe now that worn out items have made the move to my wear-at-home drawer, and items I haven’t used or rarely used have been donated. I came in a bit under budget, which is always nice, and I am pretty pleased with what I found.
- Black T-shirt w/ lace detail: H&M $8 (reg. $10. I had a 20% off coupon)
- Purple fabric flower hair clips: H&M $4
- Mini blue and purple hair clips: H&M $1
- Turquoise and brown bracelet: H&M $6
- Blue flats: Payless $11 (reg. $15. I had a 30% off coupon)
- Turquoise belted ruffle dress: JC Penney $17 (reg. $35)
- Black/white polka dot skirt with belt: JCP $12 (reg. 24)
- Orange maxi skirt: JCP $12 (reg $25)
- Tan striped slacks: JCP $25
- TOTAL: $96 for 9 items
I’m excited to start mixing these in with old pieces and see how many outfits I can create.